Contact

TwitterFollow John de Lancie on Twitter:

Alien Voices Logo

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

72 Comments to “Contact”

1. Cindy Fisher says:

Mr. John de Lancie

Hope all is well with you. Could we talk you in to visiting us during FanX 2018 in Salt Lake City, UT – September 6-8th ? My husband Dave would be so ecstatic !!

2. Tvarog says:

hallo sir,

im an author. i would like to send you a gift.
    it is my first book, a self-help/philosophy.

inside i pay a tribute to some series i considered both important
    and helpful IRL. STTNG for sure one of these series. The character of Q is mentioned, so i searched for the actor. i thought that you should have
    your characters “heritage.”

i will need a way of your choice (mail, etc) to send you the epub file.

thx for your great and effortless acting on that role.
    tasos
    best regards

3. Hi John,

I recently learned you’re from Philadelphia. I too grew up in the City as did my mother. Since you two are the same age, she asked me about the schools you attended and the general part of town where you lived.

Thanks!
    Steve

4. Martin Brantford, Cambridge says:

John, here’s my email 2wze24@gmail.com
    if you have any advice on how to deal with my situation I’d appreciate. I moved, got ‘tagged’ by kids at a bar, then got my brain attacked by greys, all in the name of you, q(you’re orders apparently). now I’m trying to stay open to possibilities while trying to figure out why the hell this group doesn’t like me, and what happened. was it all a series of parallel world’s or is it two groups, or was it the same group who just wanted to screw me. if you have any advice on where to go and how to to deal with the greys please, please respond in an email. they have used you as q as justification for this attack surely some of the q stick together.

5. We are pleased to announce the second year for our LogiCal-LA conference which will take place in Los Angeles, California on February 9-11, 2018. LogiCal-LA is a scientific skeptics conference that provides science education to the public and gathers like-minded, inquisitive people for civil discourse concerning the promotion of critical thinking skills

In preparation of hosting LogiCal-LA, we write to invite you to be one of our honored speakers. We would be very happy if you would accept this invitation to be a speaker at our second annual event.  Considering recent statistics and a new rational attitude sweeping the country, we are expecting 200-300 attendees at LogiCal-LA 2018.

We will be kicking off the weekend with an Magic and Mentalism show on Friday night. We’ll have eight speakers on Saturday, seven speakers on Sunday along with a VIP Cocktail Hour fundraiser on Saturday at 6pm.

As an invited guest speaker, LogiCal-LA will cover all your travel and hotel expenses. All speakers will be given a per diem food and expense allowance. In addition, we would like to speak to you about what your needs are for an honorarium.

We hope that you can join us at LogiCal-LA. Please answer the two questions below so we can possibly get started on hosting you as a speaker and participant.

Question One:
    Are you available to attend on February 10th or 11th, 2018 in the Los Angeles area?

Question Two:
    What is the amount of your honorarium to speak and is the amount negotiable?

Thanks in advance for your consideration. We anxiously await your response to this outreach.

Sincerely,

The LogiCal-LA
    Bruce Gleason
    Event Director

6. I absolutely love u as Q
    I am currently watching
    All the star trek series
    And I am very enthused
    With the character that u portrayed my hats off to you sir
    U are a phenomenal actor!

7. Devon says:

I am of no consequence but you are a seriously underestimated actor!

8. Mr. de Lancie:

We met recently at the Star Trek Las Vegas convention and briefly discussed a Star Trek: The Next Generation podcast that I co-host called Earl Grey. We would be interested in interviewing you for 30-45 minutes for an episode of the podcast.

During the interview, we would be asking you about both Star Trek and non-Star Trek roles. You can also promote your current or upcoming work to our listeners. You can check out our podcast at trek.fm/earl-grey-home.

Please let me know if you are interested and we can schedule a date and time that works best for your schedule. You had mentioned that it may need to be on short notice and that would work fine for us.

I look forward to hearing from you and I hope that you’re having a great day!

Justin Oser

9. Elise nichter says:

How is your summer going for you,I really love how you did your convintion going on there

10. Andrew says:

There was a lot of great voice work done for Starcraft 2 your Alarak was fantastic! He quickly became my favorite character even though I don’t usually like his archetype. Well done, I hope you get a chance to do more voice work!

11. John, you are a marvelous actor. I believe every character you play. You make it so real it’s hard to not be immersed in your characters. Just watched WHAT ARE SHIPS FOR a second time and truly appreciate your talents not to mention bringing all the great feelings of original Star Trek episodes back to life. SO good to see you on screen! You’re incredible! How do you remain so young looking? What secret potion have you found, young man? Amazing!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

12. Matthew Dupee says:

Mr. De Lancie,

My name is Matthew. I wanted to post to say thank you for your appearance in Dayton at the Scopes Festival. It was great to meet you and share a few words with you after the show, Front Page News. I played the role of John T. Scopes. I am an aspiring actor and would love to hear from you about any advice, tips or help you could give. I am a huge fan of all your work, especially your role in Breaking Bad. It would be great to hear from you.

Many Thanks,

Matthew Dupee

13. Dear Mr de Lancie,
    I just wanted to express my admiration for your work on Star Trek TNG which I think is masterful and I thoroughly enjoyed . The weight of your performance as an actor bears an immense gravitational pull. I will look for more of you work.
    Best Regards from Lima, Perú.

Walter Iglesias

14. Wesley Byrd says:

Dear Mr. de Lancie, I very much enjoyed meeting you at the Rhea County court house and your words about the Darrow statue. I wanted to thank you for your attendance at our first 2017 performance of “Front Page News”. I hope you enjoyed your visit to our little mountain town. I was very impressed that you took time to visit with each of the players as you left the show. Thank you for your grace and time, it meant a lot to the cast.
    When we spoke, you related to me a story about your good friend that had played the “Judge John Raulston” part in the “Tennessee Monkey Trial”. If you will please remind me of his name. I want to see if there is a video of the show and watch it.

Wes Byrd (Judge John Raulston)

15. Trescha Keegan says:

Hello John,

You may not remember me but we were neighbors at an apartment building in N.Hollywood (across from Universal City). Anyway, you gave me your father’s old manual typewriter and I still have it. I’m moving out of the country and downsizing and I wanted to ask you if you wanted your father’s typewriter back. Yes, I still have it and it’s in great shape. Let me know, I will ship it back to you.

16. Doris Jackson says:

John, it was very nice to meet you at the Clarence Darrow celebration dinner and to spend time with you in Dayton. Best wishes and may we meet again. Doris

17. Adriel Ray says:

Hello sir. My name is Adriel and I just wanted to say that I am in the Physics program at my University and part of my inspiration is due to your parts as Q in the Star Trek series. One day when I create or do something worth while, I will remember all the times in my past that showed me to not give up on my dreams to always reach out there for knowledge. You of course will be in my thoughts at that point. I just wanted to say thank you for being a part of my inspiration, even though at the time it was just another job for you probably.

18. Melanie says:

Hello Mr. De Lancie

I wanted to ask you for a signature.
    It’s a birthday present for my boyfriend who is a huge fan of the blizzard character “Alarak” (Heroes of the Storm) and Breaking Bad. But mostly Alarak. 🙂

I dont know how this works, because I’ve never asked somebody for a signature before.
    Is it okay if I leave you my email adress?
    It is neymi@gmx.ch .

I’d love a picture of Alarak or Alarak + you on the photo. And maybe even a little Alarak Quote (from Heroes of the Storm). Feel free to improvise something.
    Like: “For my groveling primate *name*” I dont know, I’m not that experienced with Alarak Quotes. 🙂

Oh by the way, my boyfriends Name is “Michel”.
    His humour is… very dark. So he’ll love whatever the Highlord of the Tal’darim has to say. 🙂

I wish you all the best and I’m hoping to hear from you!
    Melanie

19. Shawn Wray says:

Mr. de Lancie,

I could gush for hours in a long letter telling you how much I’ve enjoyed your performances through the years. Q was always a highlight of my Trek fandom. And I was overjoyed when you turned up in Breaking Bad, even though your performance broke my heart.

Congratulations on your role in the upcoming episode of Star Trek Continues. I am a fan of that series and I can’t wait to see what you bring to the table.

I do a podcast on my website at cosmicpotato.com called The Prime Direction. The podcast is a project where I do one on one interviews with Star Trek fans and people who have been affected by the show. We discuss their fandom from their first memory of the show to the present. Mostly I talk to fans of all walks of life but I have been fortunate enough to chat with a few people in the entertainment industry. I had Michael Jan Friedman on, who is the author of a ton of Star Trek novels and Marvel comics. I have also interviewed Vic Mignogna and Michele Specht of Star Trek Continues.

I would love to have a conversation with you. If you’re interested you can contact me by email at mail@cosmicpotato.com and we will work out a time.

Shawn Wray

20. Agata Maternowska says:

Dear John De Lancie!
    My name is Agata. I’m from Poland and I’m writing this because I want to thank You for making my life a little happier. My life isn’t the life I could wish anyone, even worst enemies. I’m only sixteen, but I hope You won’t take my words only as a teenager lament. Everybody will agree with me if I say that mother shouldn’t tell her children they can die and she won’t care (like my mother says and it isn’t just a joke…twice I had chance to get to psychiatric hospital cause of all of this). I don’t know things like love, family, love feelings, but I can live without that. Only good thing is that I have emphathy for others… Thank You for cheering me up and making me fight with my sicknesses (bipolar disorder, depression, stress). I wonder how does it feel to hear that I matter in this world…all I want is a simply hug ad words like: you’re important, you matter, you’re cool etc. I sound like I make a victim of myself, and it isn’t my goal…ah, I’m so bad at talking to people, I’m so sorry. I wish I could meet You, like many people did, but unfortunately it is and will always be impossible cause of my condition and problems with money. At least I can leave my gratitude here. I wish You only good and happy things in life. Maybe I shouldn’t write this, but I simply had to. I send huge respect and greetings from far away Poland
    Agata.
    Ps. Sorry for mistakes, I was trying write it clear 🙂

21. Nathan Tabor says:

So, the question has been asked, the internet search has been performed, nothing has been found…

What are the chances of getting Mr. de Lancie to dress as Q and do a facepalm just to be meme’d? I know its silly and ridiculous, but most of the other STTNG have epic facepalm photos and I can’t find any for Q doing one. It would be amazing to have.

I apologize for boiling his career down to a desire for a meme, but sometimes the simple things in life are the most rewarding.

Respectfully,

A fan of Q and Mr. de Lancie

Nathan Tabor

22. Raizzan says:

Mr De Lancie,

I have to Admit, first I had no Idea who you were. But since I play Alarak in my favourite MOBA Heroes of the Storm, I hear your Voice every day. And its by far the coolest voice ive ever heard in any video game.
    Good Job!

You would make many Fans very Happy if you could Work with Blizzard again to make anoter Voice Acting for the Alarak Announcer.

Kind Regards,

Raizzan

23. Claudio Sonego says:

Hello Mr. De Lancie,
    I’m an editor for “Inside Star Trek Magazine”, the official italian Trek magazine.
    I’m writing an article about some connection between Star Trek and the music.
    In this article I’ll write about your father. I’d like to have some information and material, if possible.
    If you can, I wait for a direct contact.
    Thank you for the attention.
    Claudio Sonego

24. Sean Robert Meaney says:

Dear Mr Delancie, might I suggest Q in the next Startek movie because the man made black hole in movie one got the borgs attention and they should be there by now. Its obviously a job for Q.

25. Elise nichter says:

it’s me again I hope you have a great happy birthday and I made a birthday message to you and I hope you loved my drawings

26. Lee Stamp says:

I hope you don’t take this the wrong way but what I would like to say first is that I can’t speak for everyone…. By now I’m sure you are sick of hearing people shout out “Hey Q snap your finger for me and”……. Well there is a long list of things people have said. I say if you are feeling that way then I can fully understand…. I truly believe that you was not brought in to do a show enough… You were in a small handful of TNG… Some on Voyager… And hardly none on Deep Space Nine….. Not sure why you were not asked to be more a part of the show… It would have been nice to see you poke your head in a few of those “Enterprise” Episodes….but was disappointed to not see you in them maybe it was all by choice…. It does not matter I truly don’t think people appreciate the “True” impact you
    Brought to the table… I give massive credit to all those involved on camera and behind camera…. But John you brought something to all those shows that no one else ever could and I mean ever!!!…. The reason as a young man I even wanted to see Star Trek the next generation was to see if it was another episode with the powerful “Q”… And to see what new tricks he had up his sleeve and harass the crew in a funny twisted way….. In more ways then none if it wasn’t for you…. I truly don’t think I would be a Trek fan…. The first villain that comes to mind when I think of Star Trek is not the Romulans….or the Ferengi…. Or even the powerful Borg…. No none of those (although great villains) the only one I wish to care to see is the character you played John and that’s Q… You deserve more recognition then what has been given…. I just wish there would have been more of you to see… regardless of if it was because you did not want to commit yourself or they claimed the could not pencil you in ( I doubt that to be true I am sure they could have). It does not matter weather it was one episode or all of them… I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart…. I truly believe because of your character role people were drown into Star Trek….. No I’m not give you all the credit but you deserve more then people have offered…. If I had a chance to talk to you or Patrick Stewart or you…. I would be more interested in seeing you I would be star Struck as they like to say and I’m almost 40!!!! Yes I’m still young I’m a fan of all of them but you John would be the first one on my list. Thank you my Son and my grandson yes I’m sure grandfather at 39!!!!! Little tike just turned 5…. They both like you… Yes my silly old grandson says “Grandpa”? How come you don’t have nice hair like that guy”(he is pointing to you on a voyager episode)…. Those are the reasons John I admire the impact you still have all these years later. You still got it.

27. steven huckle says:

Steven Huckle
    4 Ely way Skegness
    Lincolnshire
    Pe25 1fe
    England
    Dear john
    Hello I really hope its okay for me to get in touch with you by a letter thanking you for taking the time to read this. It is much Appreciated I have become very Interested in your programme I find it amazing the projects you under take and the amazing results you get. I my self am Disabled with Muscular Dystrophy and 6 years ago I fell and broke my back so I have been confined to my wheelchair ever since. So I am mostly confined to my home where my parents look after me since this has over taken my life. I have collecting signed Autographs of famous people and wondered if you would be so kind as to get me a picture of your self with autographs on this will really make me happy to receive this.

28. Stephanie says:

John,
    I have a photo to send you from the Wrap Party we had at the train station in LA (’93 or ’94). It’s of you and Majel standing outside the venue and I thought you may want a copy of it (I was there because worked on TNG). If so, give me a shout. Sorry, I didn’t know how else to contact you. I hope you’re doing well.

29. Eric Shields says:

Mr. de Lancie. I am interested in talking with you in reference to appearing at the inaugural Keystone State Pop Culture Con to be held in Johnstown, PA on August 19th & 20th, 2017.

If you could please email or call me at 814-502-0864.

Thank
    Eric Shields

30. Elise nichter says:

I am Elise nichter and I really love your character discord so much and I hope you will be happy about it,also I have fan arts of you

31. Eddie Parisi says:

I used to watch you as Eugene on Days Of Our Lives when I was a child. Mom would watch it and plop me on the floor. I always loved how wacky you were as the crackpot inventor,and then I rediscovered you on Star Trek. I was really young, but I believe they wrote you out of the show in some kind of time machine plot. I liked how you reappeared in the 24th Century. You are a true talent.

32. Dana Sansom says:

Had I been lucky enough to have had a son, his middle name would have been ‘Q’.
    Spock was a close ‘second’, but you were the coolest!
    Keep up the good work.

33. Hi, A Q uestion: I may drive an Audi Q5 in future. Therefore I possibly want to construct a sticker onto the boot to show the character Q. I found a nice picture out of Startrek. But I need to alter it a bit to have the white colour changed into transparent. Therefore is a copyright authorisation required. Where can I get it from? Who would be the appropriate partner for such a request? Thx……

34. Margaret says:

Dear Mr. deLancie,

My grandaughter, who will be turning 13 on February 3rd, is very aware that your birthday is coming up in about 3 months. You are her hero. Elise is autistic, and has a natural ability for drawing cartoon people and writing stories to go with her drawings. She is very aware of you, and all of your many talents, and admires them very much. Please watch the birthday message she has for you on YouTube, and if you could find the time, a message from you to her would be so awesome, you would really make a little girl’s dream come true. She does not have an email, but if you send it to mine, Grandma will make sure she gets it. Here is the link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhyBlHQ-MMM , and from all of us, we wish you a very Happy Birthday!!!!!!

35. David Adas says:

I’m a huge fan of yours. I’ve followed you through TNG, and Voyager.

36. Mr Delancie –

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas, and thank you for the entertainment. You’ve changed my life.

– Q aka Brian Scott Gregory

37. ALAN RAYMOND says:

Dear John,

We met in Tucson when we worked on Legends of the West, I am in the initial stage of putting together a charity benefit, the Festival of Oral Literature and Music, which traces the evolution of story telling from the Aboriginal, to Classic, to Medieval, to Modern, in Mt. Tamborine, Australia, 3/27/18 – 4/1/18. The Mt. Tamborine Festival of Oral Literature and Music, backed by the Mt. Tamborine Symphony Orchestra – Chorus and the Gold Coast Symphony Orchestra and Chorus to benefit such as the Parkinson’s foundation. Could you be available for a guest appearance and or a story narration?

Alan

38. Alexander Dufrene says:

Hello Mr. de Lancie. In my childhood, I came across you in both My Little Pony as Discord, and then in Star Trek as Q. And now, I am writing a research paper into the My Little Pony side of things. What I am currently writing about is how such a show can teach children how to be human, considering the fact that there are no human characters (barring the movies). I hope that you will respond to this, as it would be interesting to hear from the perspective of someone who actually works in the show.

39. Audrey says:

Hi 🙂 I’ve been watching BronyCons on Youtube and I’d really like to know about the debate that was discussed at BronyCon 2015. Someone asked if you’d seen the debate yesterday and you said ‘They’re not on your ( Bronies ) side. I’m really curious to know who ‘they’ are? Because I’m a Brony! My little girl and I love MLP and I’m thrilled to rediscover Q. She really doesn’t want to see Discord in real life, it would take the magic away for her, but I’m so looking forward to watching Star Trek with her in future years ( she’s only 6 ). Best wishes, looking forward to more Discord too xx

40. LWayne says:

Mr. De Lancie

Your father, an accomplished and world respected Oboist, served in WWII and spoke with Richard Strauss while in Southern Germany about if he ever expected to write an Oboe Concerto. Mr. Strauss answered no, but did come out with one later. Strauss made sure the rights to the US premiere were assigned to your father, John. However, since John was a junior member of the Philadelphia Orchestra, by protocol he was not able to perform instead yielding to the principal oboist, Mr. Tabuteau. Fast forward to today, with Ricardo Pazo, an Oboe Professor in Superior Conservatory of Vigo in Spain writing a Thesis about Richard Strauss’ Oboe Concerto. Mr. Pazo contacted the 103d Infantry Division WWII Association requesting information about your father, however we have no record of the late John De Lancie serving with the 103d. We do know that he was an oboist with the US Army Band during WWII. Mr. Pazo wrote to seek information about your father’s relationship with Mr. Strauss and would appreciate any information you might be willing to provide regarding this matter. His email address is rpazo@edu.xunta.es. I know this would be of immense help to Mr. Pazo and certainly a fitting tribute to the great work of your father as an oboe virtuoso. With deep honor and respect. Larry

41. nicole kellar says:

Hey! I met you in chicago but did not get to talk much to you. I was wondering what your next convention will be? I go to several a year (that aren’t based entirely around star trek) and I would love the chance to talk to you longer than the time it takes to snap a pic! We also have a local convention and I wanted information on your rates to come to that. Thank you!

42. Jane Gravelle says:

Wanted to tell you what a pleasure it was meeting you this past weekend (September 10) in Chicago. I was star struck and everything I said seemed to come out wrong. I hope you understood, and I didn’t completely insult you! if so, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. My son and I found you quite interesting, and loved hearing about YOU more than (creepy) Q. That said, you played him perfectly which shows your talent!

Best wishes!

43. Sarah says:

Dear Mr. de Lancie,

I’ve always been a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Q was without a doubt one of the best characters on the show.

I recently found a copy of the script for “Q Who” with your signature on it at a garage sale. Did you ever sign a Q Who script? I’d love to get this verified, since I want to frame and display it. It’s one of my favorite possessions.

I hope to hear from you or someone on your team!

Thank you!

44. Antonio Marcelo Oliveira says:

Dear Sir John de Lancie

I am very interested in buying a ring like the one you used in the episode “Hide and Q”. I made several searches on the Internet and found a few pictures, but I can not see the details to send to or even find out who sale.

Can you please help me? Ring information or a good quality image would be very useful.

Obviously, I am a big fan of star trek. I appreciate your work as an actor in space in the future, or present on land playing other characters.

Forgive any grammatical error. I write with help of Google.

Thanks for the opportunity to connect.

I await your reply.

Marcelo, a fan in Sao Paulo, Brazil (living clime of the Olympic Games).

45. Jessica Kleman says:

I was reflecting on your character Q, and my joy in knowing you were related to my violin teacher: Marjorie Mosiman.
    As Jessica Reich, I was her student for 13 years until I graduated in 2000 and can’t think of a better teacher.

My dad (Dave)and I used to watch Star Trek frequently (In fact, I’m watching re-runs currently at work).

How could I go about getting a signed autograph for my dad and myself?

Thank you for everything you do and please send my thoughts of Marjorie to the family.

46. David Craft says:

would it be possible to request a few of your books to share in our prison outreach to bless the lives of those in need that don’t have a means or family and make very little in the system for fine literature I also teach a literary writing class in prisons of Arkansas Texas and Illinois Ive been saved five years and attend elevate church In Morton Illinois?Or possibly a autographed picture

47. The Doctor says:

Mr. de Lancie,

i know your father talked french so i would like
    to know if you also talk french. “de Lancie” familly
    name is from Lancie in Rhone-Alps?

Time pass so fast since i watched you
    in ST:TNG as Q that i didn’t even recognize
    you in Torchwood. You’re still a very good
    actor John 🙂 Would like to see you in Doctor Who
    with Peter Capaldi. “Rhétorique” could be great
    with him as Patrick Steward & you got in ST.

48. Kate Hufnagel says:

I heard your speech at Reason Rally yesterday. It was by far the best presentation of the day. You delivered it with humor, analysis, passion, power, self-deprecation, vision and hope. I look forward to hearing it again online. Well Done, Sir!

K

ps. I am trained in Rhetorical Analysis and used to teach Public Speaking.

49. Andrew Thurlow says:

Dear Mr de Lancie

I wish you could return as Q and make the Next Gen movie that was never made. A rough skeleton of an idea-

The Delta Quadrant (Stardate – TNG Season 01)

Open with Borg Cube intercepting transmission from Borg vessel that was destroyed 300 years earlier by Enterprise NX-01 after it left the Arctic circle.

The Neutral Zone:

Borg vessel sets course to location of transmission to investigate, during course of investigation Borg Vessel discovers and destroys the Outposts along the Romulan and Federation borders.

Enterprise distracted from discovering cause of Outposts destruction by Romulan cooperation issues after first meeting them after umpteen years (and the carnage caused after last meeting). Cause of outpost destruction not discovered.

Sector 001 (Stardate TNG Season 03/04)
    Unprepared, The Federation and Starfleet are left decimated when The Borg attack (already aware of the Federation existence from the attacks on the Neutral Zone outposts, they were already coming). With billions dead and /or assimilated. Surviving remnants (Battlestar Galactica type ragtag fleet) doing the El Aurian survival and rebuild (on a distant planet), struggle to make ends meet etc…. bleak future etc. Enterprise D is gone, but Crew survived (of course). Picard has not been assimilated as his usefulness was not known to the Borg.

The Q Continuum – Q decides to attempts to prevent the catastrophic disaster by intervening. Q is not authorised by the Continuum to interfere and gets kicked out. Although Q would never admit it, his interest in The Federation is because they are actually the best hope from an evolutionary perspective, and his interest in Picard is because he sees the potential he has to grasp and be the first to approach evolution towards Q (Something which ultimately comes to pass after all Good Things due to his exposure to jumping around time (left a residual change in his biological make up, a bit like Barclay and the Checkmate after he was reprogrammed).

Q spends movie exploring the multiverse for a least impact reality that he can tweak.

Q ultimately intercepts The Enterprise and and pushes them to system J-25 to meet the Borg as A “heads up”. Under the guise of another manipulative game to provoke the Enterprise, his real intent is to save The Federation, and give them a fighting chance, of all the multiverse of realities that could play out (which Q has observed). The bloody nose and the loss of the fleet at Wolf 359 was the “minimal impact reality).

Picard and the Enterprise and Starfleet are never any wiser, and the full circle from Q-Who to Enterprise is completed.

Q’s demeanour in this movie should be more serious and urgent, and it would be great to know what would have happened if Q had’nt of turned up. Guinan should be in it too.

Regards Andrew

50. Eric S says:

Hello Mr DeLancie!

I would be very interested in getting a John DeLancie GPS voice as either in character as Q (which would be awesome) or as yourself. I wish I had the funds to hire you directly for such a project (alas I do not!) but do you think this would be an endeavor worthy of your time?

51. Alex says:

I have watched you in star trek!

52. Mj says:

Peer gynt, hall of the mountain king, major cure all!

53. Mj says:

You are the most gregarious, vivacious, and yet so impish of all star trek characters while leaving a great imprint among your other acting roles. I love Q! I hope to see you in the new movie, perhaps a face off with Whoopi Goldberg, hmmm.

You had to have a ball playing Q, i would have paid to play the role, but acting is ,all in the delivery, i would’ve FAILD.

You excell at letting the audience in.

Wish you and yours the best.

54. Mr de Lancie;

First off, Ever since your first appearance on Star Trek I’ve been a big fan of your work – especially your recent works on My Little Pony as Discord. You keep finding new ways to be my hero and to bring happiness into this world. Thank you.

Second off, would you be willing to record a couple lines for a podcast intro? A group of us are trying to start up a monthly radio drama in the style of Star Trek in the 2390s and we’d all be honored if you did the opening blurb. ^_^

Again, thank you for bringing so much light and happiness into this world. You and your characters over the years have been an inspiration.

-Azmaria

55. Alex Smiley says:

I LOVE your work on star trek, both The Next Generation and Voyager

56. Ana Wadsley says:

Hello,

I’m a big fan of your work, however, my fiancé is an even bigger fan. Q in Star Trek is by far his favorite character. We are getting married on December 19th 2015 and I was wondering if you could send an autographed picture of Q to him. This would be the greatest gift I can think of for him.

57. There was just not enough appearances of you within the collective series, I am at this moment doing a marathon of Voyager and on ‘Death Wish’ (S2E18). Seriously just yelled ‘Yes’ once you flashed into scene.

I really have said this for a long time. There should have been a new Star Trek Series that favors more of the Q and simply would have been called “Star Trek: Continuum” and the plot would be along the line of which when Q ( John ) requested to serve aboard a Starfleet Ship as an acting service member. I would love to see more ideas of the strange realities that could be within the Continuum.

I would love to meet you, is there any list of upcoming conventions you might be attending?

58. Austin doud says:

Hi I’m a big fan of discord I really want to meet you but brony con is too expensive for us (were poor) can u help me out on that if you can I’ll be so greatful. Thank you

P.S. discord rules

59. Sven Bützow says:

Hello John de Lancie !

Thanks for keeping up the acting, to have shown up in TV-shows like Stargate, Charmed, Andromeda or Torchwood. With what actors/actresses would you like to work again if you had the choice ?

60. Sara "Twist" G. says:

HI John 🙂
    I hope you will he able to read this, but I still got a bit of a problem.
    I was watching a, I would say, rather old documentary on Netflix talking about Bronies, and when I started to hear Lyle’s story, I started thinking how it related to me in some ways.
    I may be female, but I still live in a place wheye people judge you for the smallset things, like watching my little pony.
    I started watching the show at around season 2 (which actually discord is my favorite character!!! <3) and as normal, I checked out the show and blaw blaw blaw, I got into that "creatives" category of Bronies.
    But I've always had a problem about telling others. 🙁
    I've always been like this since the beginning of the show,but afraid to buy merchandise and stuff so people don't figure out that I am a brony. (The only one I have is a discord Keychain)
    I've always had that dream of meeting other Bronies, going to bronycon, and even meeting people like Living TombStone, ILovKimPossiableAlot, and other well known bronies, but I can't from this more or less fear.
    I actually wanted to ask if you had any advise about it, what I can do to get over this fear. I don't wanna be the only brony I know in my school.
    Yet again, I really wish you could see this!! At least that will make me a bit happy. And if you do have advise, ANYTHING!! I would be glad to hear it 🙂
    ~Twist
    (Tell the truth, I actually was a bit hesitant to post this thing)

61. Johnny says:

How would one get an autograph?
    I have no way to travel to the US, so there’s no way I can find an event.
    I would pay a ton for a Star Trek autographed picture/card …
    Oh, and while not proud of it, I do severely enjoy Discord as well.

62. Eric Nielson says:

Dear Mr De Lancie,

I was raised a Star Trek fan by my single mother. As an only child, I turned to Star Trek for my concept that I still hold today of seeing the world of a place as challenges instead of seeing the world as a negative environment. I have tried to instill those same values in my daughter by starting with the old Star Trek cartoons on netflix. I was in the process of buying tickets for my mother and daughter to join me on the Star Trek Cruise in Jan. 2017, but upon making reservations I was told that you must be 13 years old to go on this cruise. I understand that it is an environment focused for adults, without some of the kid oriented things, but tell me it wouldn’t be amazing to have a 5 year old awestruck by some of the costumes there. I don’t know how much say you have, if any, for the policy of this event, however, I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to help enjoy three generations of good people enjoy a family Star Trek vacation.

Eric G. Nielson

63. Scott says:

Dear Mr. de Lancie,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful work you’ve done over the years. Your role as Q got me into watching Star Trek TNG, Deep Space 9 and much more. Your role as Discord was one of the main factors of becoming a member of the Brony community. It took me a moment to realize that it was your voice for Discord, but I have to say, I’ve been hooked ever since. Along with your great role in Breaking Bad as well. I have to say that I owe a lot to you, and can happily say that Discord is my favorite reformed villain from the series. In addition, thank you for the involvement in the Brony documentary, really excellent work, and I’m happy to say you’re my favorite actor. Keep being awesome!

Brony and Trekkie,
    Scott

64. Fischer says:

by that I meant while saying fluttershy’s name

65. Fischer says:

dear Mr. discord, I thought it was quite sneaky of you to use ssllll instead of fllll in the mlp episode “make new friends but keep discord”. that’s a funny little thing that’s well hidden for the bronies to find. good thing that bronies watch the show more than little girls. awesome job, you’re my favorite character by a long way!!!!!!!!

66. Dalton Whitehill says:

Dear Mr. De Lancie

Hi! My name is Dalton Whitehill im from Minnesota im sure your a busy man so ill get to the point, My girlfriend is a huge discord fan and would love nothing more then to get a Happy Birthday call from the one and only discord, Her birthday is December 19 if that helps convince you since i asked so far ahead of time.

Please and Thank you,
    Dalton Whitehill

67. Thomas Rainforth says:

Dear John DeLancie,

Recently, you were attended Everfree Northwest Convention. Due to an Unfortunate event,and being unemployed at the time,I was not able to attend the convention myself. I was a little distention that I couldn’t go, because it would have been my first convention I ever went to. Once day my friend, know as Mr. K in the Internet community offered to get me your autograph while he was at the convention. I just wanted to say thank you for signing the picture for me, from the bottom of my heart thank you. You and my friend made my hard times a lot better. I hope next year I can attend the convention, saving my hard earned pennies to go. I hope to see you there.

Your Very Grateful Fan,
    Thomas Rainforth

68. Glenn says:

Does Mr de Lancie really follow this page?

My twin 9 year old girls are *huge* fans of his Discord character! They don’t know it yet, but they will likely be going to BronyCon 2015 in Baltimore. My wife and I purchased tickets and made reservations back in February but since then, my father (their grandfather) has passed away and then my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 inoperable cancer. So thus far, their summer has been quite a drag. We’re keeping it all very quiet because my wife’s doctor believes she may be able to travel but we may not know for certain until right before we’re supposed to hit the road.

Does anybody have any cool ideas about how we can tell them? We’re driving from the Boston area and they think we may be going to NYC, but we want to surprise them somehow and make it a very memorable event as it will probably be a once in a lifetime thing for them. The kids have never really been too far from home so the possibility of seeing the man attached to Discord’s character in another city will probably make them pass out. 🙂